Your monthly insight into reaching Australia’s student population
From epic new partnerships to understanding what’s trending with young people, we’re excited to update you on what we’ve been up to in May.
What’s important to students right now
Over the coming months, we will share the latest insights into the lives of young people. Plus, stay tuned for our Top 100 Youth Brands report, coming soon!
When it comes to shopping online vs. in store, Gen Z are fairly split. 58% told us they prefer shopping in-store (mostly girls), while 42% told us they would buy everything online if they could (mostly boys).
Gen Z are often savvy and look for brands that suit their lower budgets (as long as it doesn’t come at the cost of quality). Three quarters of Gen Z (76%) told us that they are more likely to buy from a brand that offers student discount than one that doesn’t.
Loyal to brands
Gen Z is the most brand-loyal generation! In our recent survey, four in five (81%) Gen Z respondents agreed that they would buy from them for a long time once they find a brand they like.
To find out more youth insights relevant to your brand or engage in your own research, please contact our Head of YouthInsight.
Collaboration is key to success in 2021, and we want to share how we add value to our partners by offering more than just a listing. Below you’ll find a summary of our approach with our latest three clients:
- Drive students and members into store.
- Ignite excitement around the brand and upcoming campaigns.
- Increase reach of the brand to new customers.
- Exclusive student offer, redeemable in-store.
- Targeted media across onsite, email, mobile & social (including retargeting EDM opens with SMS messages!)
- Push notifications across all users of our app (this tactic works exceptionally well!)
- Content and offers curated by our in house team of youth marketing experts. With 15+ years of experience, we know what will resonate with young people. 😉
- We opened up our membership to help these brands employ the BEST young people.
To find out how we can catapult your brand into the hearts and minds of young people, please contact our National Partnerships Manager.
Hot off the press
Here’s what articles are popular with Gen Z right now.